Cool song. I don't think it's particularly bluegrass though. More like country ballad.

That said..... I've heard fiddle tracks straight out of the BB real tracks that were easily as good, if not better than the live fiddle player. The key to getting a good fiddle out of BB/real tracks is to use volume automation to pull them in and out of the mix. I rarely ever let the instruments play continuously thru the track. Aside from the Bass, and Drums and the Acoustic guitar....everything else is volume automated and only plays when it;s supposed to be playing. The rest of the time it's volume automated completely out. If you are using a DAW..... I'd recommend that you create several fiddle tracks... One being a background fiddle and the other a solo fiddle. The background can be used to drone in the background of a verse or a chorus while the solo can do fills and a quick turnaround after the second verse....

Same with using Synth V with a good female vocalist. If you have Synth V, and are willing to learn and take your time with the edits, you can get a very reasonable approximation of a live vocalist that will convince the majority of your listeners. Especially if you don't tell them it's a synth.

Next aspect of the song.... it's too long. I'd suggest editing it down to the essentials and making it about 3 minutes to 3:30 minutes long. Some of the chord changes didn't feel appropriate to me. But that might just be how I expect a song to sound as I listen. The songs that go where I'm expecting them to go tend to be the ones that capture my interest. If you are going to throw in an interesting chord change, it would have to be something that makes me say... "whoa! that was really cool. "

Strings are totally out of place in a bluegrass song as are drums for the purists. If you have a "producer" (not sure what that means), who suggested a string section, I'd reconsider working with them if they thought strings in a BG song would be cool.

So, this has potential, but you should sit and contemplate what you want and then edit it or better yet, start a new version from scratch using what you have already as a guideline. Don't hire anybody until you have a final demo that you are completely satisfied with. And then you only hire what you absolutely can not get on your own with BB & SV. And.... run the demos past the folks here who can give you guidance on what they think before you do anything that is going to cost money out of pocket. You definitely don't want to throw money at something that is still in a state of flux and isn't a finished, ready to go, project.

EDIT: If you're going bluegrass.... use only BG instruments. Bass, acoustic guitar, mandolin, fiddle, banjo. Use a BG song structure and chord progressions that are common to the genre. Styles can vary widely in the genre so you have some leeway in that aspect.

Of course...all of this is simply my personal opinion.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.