Originally Posted by BabuMusic
You are gifted in many styles, Alan. That trumpet sounds so good, and you give it the perfect bed to lay down such a good solo. Nice feel, and the strings are a nice touch to add dimension. Man, you know a lot of great players. Thatr piano is super. Do you spend a lot of time fashioning those solos. They're so good. Cool trill ending.

HI Marty,

Thanks for the listen and the really nice comments. My answers to most questions about my music are relatively basic/kinda simple, as that's how I approach music. I try not to overthink. If something sounds good to my ears, then I consider as good. I don't let numbers, such as hz/frequency measurements lead me. I let my ears lead me. Then I take note of those settings, numbers, etc., so I can pass them on if anyone is interested.

As far as how long it took me to settle on a particular iteration of the piano and trumpet, I did four regenerations of each. I kept the very first iteration of the piano and the second iteration of the trumpet. I did very little shaping as the indigenous tracks sounded fine to me.

I kept the piano bright because the trumpet is bright. I decide on each song when I have a left and right track that either plays some variation of a call and response or one lead track follows the other, if I want opposing sounds or similar sounds (tone-wise). In this case, I kept the timbre similar - bright. Softening other of those tracks would have left an imbalanced sound and lose some of the drive. I have no "secret" for making that decision - just what my ears tell me.

I'm not a perfectionist. If my music had a reasonable chance of ending up in film or on the air, perhaps I would reconsider that to some degree, but probably not a lot. It's the same as my guitar playing - if I play a song 15 times and it gets no better, I've probably done the best I'm capable of doing. And I'm good with that.

The original production of this song took about three hours. The remix took less than half an hour.

I hope that ramble gives you a bit of an idea to my approach to putting a song together.

Take care, my friend.

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops