Originally Posted by Al-David
HI Ron, I just wrote a reply, hit "post reply" - then nothing. Oh well - cyberspace must be a pretty busy place! This is the first time I can remember Dusty singing in that lower register as he did at the beginning of the verses. He can cover the whole vocal spectrum so nicely! I liked the opposing rhythm guitars, Tremolo right and distortion left - nice! Another Gem! You guys know what to do with your musical tools! Take care, Alan

Thanks, Alan! Yeah, Dusty can cover a couple of octaves without effort, and a few more notes than that with the high harmonies. He's ridiculous. Glad you liked it!

Originally Posted by floyd jane
DC, RW, DA...Y'all do Pop so well. Crisp clean tracks. Infectious. The vocals here seems a bit "too crisp" (opinion - and just a bit). My thought was "warmer" but that might not work. I so enjoy your Pop. You show off BIAB well. fj

Floyd, thanks for the listen. I do tend to prefer brighter vocals, especially with Dusty's character-rich voice. But I also have high frequency hearing loss (as many of us do or will) so have to be careful not to overcompensate. Using reference tracks and several listening environments helps, but isn't perfect. Will give it a closer listen. Appreciate the input!

Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Ron and co-workers, Very nice popsong with a catchy chorus! Nice to see how all your songs have a 'delicious' chorus that invites to sing along. I liked a lot what I heard. Great work, Hans

Hans, thank you for the input! My lyricist does a great job crafting "song-ready" lyrics with hooks built in. My job is to use them, and I do try to make his hooks fun to sing. Glad it worked! Truth is, I tend to post our hookier songs since I think they are the cooler listening experiences. We're a slave to our meager (but awesome) audience. Ha!

Originally Posted by MarioD
When you three get together I know I'm in for a great song. Super vocal and lyrics with the perfect backing band all mixed to perfection. Outstanding pop song.

Mario, glad you liked it! Those guys are so good...really keeps the pressure on me. Ha!

Originally Posted by tommyad
Ron, everything works together very well in this one. The vocals are great as are the lyrics and production. A fine job by all three of you,Tom

Tommy, THANK YOU for the listen and input! Glad you liked it!

Originally Posted by rsdean
Ron, Great song and overall production. Sounds pro and radio-ready. Awesome mix! Bob

Bob, THANK YOU for the compliments! Even when the song is "done", I spend several days listening in 4-5 listening environments and tweaking the mix/master. I tend to work really fast until I get to the end, and then pump the brakes, knowing that I need to make that last turn safely. Glad you liked it!

Last edited by DC Ron; 03/14/24 02:50 PM.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)