Steve ... I'll let AurallySound know, though I'm a bit sceptical how much they can improve things. I'll be interesting to find out.

Originally Posted by Cerio
Regarding chord recognition, the program, again, does a great job with simple harmonic material (pop, rock, blues, soul, funk tunes) but may have some problems with more advanced, jazz based, compositions.

I've also found that the quality of the source has a great impact on the results: just avoid 192khz and below MP3s.

Knowing these limitations is essential to get the most out of the program, and avoid getting frustrated.
Chord recognition on jazz is very exuberant. Not surprisingly it picks up on all sorts of stuff that jazz players put in. I knew I'd have to rationalise.

The observation about bit-rate is helpful ... I hadn't considered it, though now I'm informed it's obvious.

What I'm asking of it is quite a lot and I'm far from surprised it didn't make it. It will still be useful for things like transcription, though sometimes harder work. That's life; and it'll likely get better with tech advances.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 04/15/24 11:20 AM. Reason: just a typo

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.