Originally Posted by jpettit
Dan I will be the bad guy.
If you're trying to line up computer-based (on a grid) tracks with a live performed track you have to use a "tempo map".

The only other option is you can have the live performance aligned to a grid through extensive quantization but then you'll lose the live feel.

There have been advancements in tempo mapping over the last five years.

"Logic" if you're on a Mac can do it automatically.
Melodyne can find a detailed tempo map for you but it's another long process. Free version limited. Paid version detail process but very accurate.
Other DAWs have gotten better at it to cut a twenty-minute process to a five-minute process.
I am not sure of the state of the art in Reaper, but it has gotten easier in the last 10 years.
BIAB, can also find the tempo map with their ACW. Not sure how to get it out of BIAB, maybe a MIDI file with tempo map in it.

Hey, I appreciate the voice of experience. That is exactly what I need here. But this is something in the past I have just thrown up my hands and said it I can not do it. Reaper has a tutorial, but it is mind blowing to a newbee. Also it shows only a single track and therefore ignors what I have on the other tracks which do not need tempo adjustments.

I have seen BIAB create a tempo map, but the ACW is just such a bear to work with for me! But perhaps there is someone here who can do the heavy lifting in BIAB to create the tempo map for a single track for me. Then I can figure out how to move it to Reaper. Any volenteers who can help out?? Please PM me.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper