Hi, Dave, Janne, Scott, Misha, Chulaivet, Wao and Noel,

As I wrote in my previous post, I'm late again with responding. I think that is a bad habit of me...
I was and am happy with all your comments! Believe it or not, ok, some needed some more attention than others, but untill now I think I'm very fond with your posts.
Having said that, I will pay some attention to the individual post from you, the 7 last one, I presume.

Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Hi Hans,
Excellent song! Love the arrangement and the dynamics.
Just love your vocal on this one, and the blend of your voice with Anne-Marie's is fabulous.
Well done!

Dave, very kind of you. And you're right about the match between my and AM's vocals. I think with those BG's she really shined!

Originally Posted by jannesan
What a sad and touching song. Great lines like "When aging arrives, its grip is unkind" and "I accept to walk another track/It's my body that tells me to wait". Your arrangements are always interesting, in this folky waltz tune with both grieving violin and hurtful guitar reflect the message that is easy for me to relate to. Not that I'm that old, but I have passed the point where the bright future lies ahead. Great vocal performance by you and AM (whose lovely backing vocals have also graced my songs long time ago...), fitting together nicely.
Good work with the video, I like the ending with the lid closing, one story/song is finished, but the next one is coming...

Janne

Janne, you have good eyes for the details, like that closing of the laptop at the end. And that man also puts down his pencil. I think most older people with pc's still have a pencil close at hand. I have too!
Still I think, and I hope you too, around a corner somewhere a tiny, surprising future can be waiting. For instance when it comes to your music. I think a lot of people like it. When you were younger you didn't have the time to spend on music making. And then came BiaB and AI, and suddenly the (second) future lays ahead for you! At least it's a nice tought...

Originally Posted by Scott C
What a lovely song Hans. Very moving lyric and delicate vocal. Anne-Maries harmonies were such a nice add to the song. Loved how the energy built through song. Excellent production and mix. Really well done..

Scott, thanks a lot. Besides all those nice things you said, I also liked that phrase about the build up of the energy during the song. The first heavy guitars were in, but we felt it was unfinished. That solo with the 'Roma violin' was also a bit soft, but I loved to keep it in. AM suggested a heavy guitar after that solo and I thought it would be better after her last BG 'vocals'. I won ;-)

Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Hans & Anne-Marie
While subject is sad, it's a very strong tune and listens well. Excellent vocals, almost spoken expression by you. I do wish Anne-Marie vocals would be slightly louder. (They do work very nicely with yours) Very neat, layered instrumental arrangement and good mix. Almost like C. Aznavour on steroids smile
Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Misha, I could never have even imagined being compared to Mr. 'She' Aznavour. But surprises do appear to exist!!!
I'm now practicing to sing his oeuvre. Only the steroids make my wife a little nervous...
There was a tiny reason why her vocals were kept a bit less loud, and not because I am the boss.
Thanks for your so nice post.

Originally Posted by chulaivet1966
Howdy Birch....
Well....being late to this party everyone else has said it all.
And, I agree with them.
Very poignant lyrics and a personal vox delivery.
(I can relate....I just became a pair of 77s recently).
Well done, I enjoyed the listen!

Chulaivett, what nice post! And what nice you became a pair of 7's. I thought you were much younger, your artistname says chulaivett1966!
Now we are a bit apart in age, two years... I win :-)))

Originally Posted by WaoBand
The instrumentation and production in this song are excellent. The Anne-Marie vocals are first class.

Wao, I thought you've already posted your reaction. The Roma violins were dissapointing you wrote. But you also gave compliments.
But I love you repeated the compliments 2 times. Thanks for that!!

Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Hans.
You and Anne-Marie have done a fantastic job.
In the past, I have always loved listening to each of you sing.
Having you both together in a single song is great ear-candy for me smile
And your voices fit together so very, very well.
Kudos to you on this work!
I have to confess that I empathise with way too many of the lyrics.

I love what you've created and what the two of you have produced.
--Noel
P.S. I enjoyed the lyric video too! That was a good touch.

Noell, what a lovely post you wrote. Thanks for that!
And yes, I remember you have listened to my songs before.
And coincidentally, I was thinking about you about a week before you posted this (really!)
I missed you for some time. I also saw you have a new song now on the forum.
I listen to it very soon!

Thank you all for this,
and for now... back to work!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130