Actually, no copyright holder is going to come after anyone if they are not making money with it. I have seen covers posted all over the net as well as hosting sites like soundclick and such. And parodies of songs that normally need extra permission posted as well.

The worst they will do is tell you to take it down, in the unlikely event they hear it.

Youtube is a bit tricky because while the person doin the cover is not making money on it(or real money on it),he often provides links to his website with the music that IS for sale.

So the copyright owner can claim that this person is using their material to draw traffic to their own site, which is a legitimate claim.

But again, if the website is getting mimimal hits and the music is selling at a snails pace if at all, then nobody is going to care.

Realistically speaking, you never have to worry about infringing a copyright unless you are making a good amount of money from doing it.

Maybe we can provide links to ALL of our music, and then just refer to it like.

"Yeah I have done a cover of that song, go to my page and check it out" as opposed to giving a direct link.

Cant hold PG responsible for that.