Frankie and Dan, you old culprit ...no feathers ruffled here. Seriously. I was just explaining my methodology. Although, Dan, you're right about criticism after-the-fact being a drag...and sort of meaningless. To me, the User Showcase isn't necessarily a forum for unsolicited critical analysis, although some folks actually ASK for input. And like you, I have other resources for professional critique, like TAXI.com, where I'm a member. Believe me those guys KNOW how to tear up a song, but their critiques have to be requested. So it's just as you said...we all have our ways of doing things. And though I haven't been here long, I've been registered since '03, it appears that unsolicited critical analysis is sort of assumed here. Personally, I don't offer advice and alternatives to anyone who's not asking for it. Other folks do. That's their option. No biggie. If I don't particularly like someone's work, I don't comment at all. I think everyone's work is valid within the framework of their abilities and experience. But I'll say this, anyone offering me a critique can expect to have their "critique critiqued" if I think it's warranted. It's a two-way street. So, Frankie, I don't expect to only hear the "positive" comments, but if I don't agree with what's said, I'm totally competent and willing to take issue with it.

BTW...as we all know after years of dealing with email, it's very difficult to determine "body language" when one is reading a message. We have to rely on this or this . My messages are often tongue-in-cheek and my written attempts at humor and irony are sometimes mistaken for "ruffled feathers" when it's really nothing of the sort.

Don't you just love that we have such lively and spirited interaction here? It's so...stimulating!

So now maybe I'M the culprit.

Later,
Bob