Quote:

<...>It is all true that MIDI will not transport so many "articualtions" or specific sound for instruments. <...>

With all due respect, this statement is absolutely false, unless you are referring to the synth you mention, Kontakt (and others).

Some synths will not reproduce them, but others will indeed. The Physical Modeling Synth I use with my wind synth (Yamaha VL70m) will reproduce 90-95% of the articulations of other instruments, and add a few of it's own.

I've fooled many guitarists into thinking my synth playing was a guitar - I even got the ultimate compliment in a major guitar forum - Your guitar playing is Jeff Beck-ish. In the thousands of guitarists on the forum, not one could tell it was a synth. When I revealed the secret, they were amazed - however one guitarist said in re-listening he though the whammy vibrato was a tiny bit too smooth.

I fooled a trumpet player who was listening in another room enough to come into our room to see who was sitting in on trumpet.

Perhaps Kontakt can't do this, but other synths can.

The thing about MIDI is that it all comes down to your synthesizer. The acoustic bass on either my Yamaha VL70m or my Korg i3 sounds good enough and is expressive enough to do the job extremely well. The few acoustic bass things they will not do are things that the above average listener could not hear anyway.

I'm a lifelong pro Tenor sax player, there are many times when I reach for my VL70m/WX5 (controller) instead of my acoustic sax on the gig. Why? Although they synth sax only does about 90% of what the acoustic sax does, it also offers me some things that the acoustic sax cannot do.

It's all in the synth module, and the player's ability to use the synth module.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks