Hi Larry,

At the risk of adding more mud than clear water, I'll have a go at explaining. lol. Just keep in mind that I'm not an expert myself and I may tell you something wrong. If I do, hopefully someone else will jump in and correct me, then we'll both gain something. ok.

My understanding:

.....We′ve made big improvements to the sounds of the RealTracks, so that they sound more natural over a much wider range of tempos with the elastique Pro V2 time stretching engine by zplane.development.....

The 'shrinking' and 'stretching' we're referring to is the operation of the new V2 program.
This new code does a much better job than the old, but it does take longer to do it. It also takes a decent amount of ram or it's going to bog down. You can test your machine by ticking certain options and un-ticking others. (see my above post).

If the new engine does work fast enough to suit you, you can remove a lot of old realtracks that were already 'stretched' or 'shrunk' and optimized to match tempo, gaining back a lot of disc space. The trade off is slower start time when loading styles and songs just to check them out--something I do quite a bit. However, for the songs you are working on, you can always hit freeze and they will load and play pretty fast.
Hope this helps.

Later,
Jim

I'd be completely happy if I had just one more guitar.