You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#453045 - 01/23/18 04:15 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Problem exporting as MP3
raddy Offline
Enthusiast

Really need urgent help with this - client deadline

Set up my BIAB track

Export as MP3

I think it is creating the WAv as 1st step

Asks to confirm MP3

Get this error message:

"List Index Out Of Bounds (0)...)
followed by a hex address I think

Advice please

#453048 - 01/23/18 04:36 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: raddy]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Raddy,

Do you have the mp3 codecs installed on your system? They are not supplied by PG Music nor do they come with Windows.

If you need an mp3 and nothing else will do the job, I'd export it as a wav and then use a 3rd party wav to mp3 converter. This is how I always work and I use the freeware converter called FreAc (which is really good).

https://www.freac.org/index.php

If you are only after a compressed format and it doesn't have to be mp3 specifically, export the audio as wma (the Windows compressed format). This is usually better sounding than the mp3 (in my opinion, at least).

Also, I suspect that you need to run BIAB in 'Administrator mode' for audio conversion. This is different from logging into to Windows are the standard administrator.

To start BIAB in admin mode, right-click on the startup shortcut and select "Run as administrator".

This option can be set permanently for BIAB by right-clicking on the startup shortcut, selecting 'Properties' and then activation the "Run as admin" option under the 'Compatibility' tab.

Regards,
Noel

#453051 - 01/23/18 04:54 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: Noel96]
raddy Offline
Enthusiast

Many thanks Noel - I'll try all that and see where I end up.

MP3 for portability - client is an Apple man (if I had his money......)

Will try and track down the codecs

#453072 - 01/23/18 06:37 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: raddy]
Notes Norton Offline
Veteran

Loc: Fort Pierce, Florida, U.S.A.
I export as WAV and use CDex (free - open source) to convert to mp3 - it has a lot of good options including bit rate VBR Q settings and so on.

Insights and incites by Notes

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks

#453170 - 01/23/18 10:41 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: raddy]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: raddy
Will try and track down the codecs

I don't presently have it my system but I've been a huge fan of K-Lite over the years.

https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Make sure you read all documentation and watch out for the unwanted add-ons that often come with free software. (I always choose 'manual install' so I can check what exactly is being installed.)

Regards,
Noel

#453450 - 01/24/18 04:21 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: raddy]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
K-Lite has been good over the years for me also. Like anything, you gotta watch where you download it from, and what you may get included that you didn't ask for.
99% of the time there is a way to opt out of any extra crap (as Noel mentioned).

/Why would I want a free trial of McAfee Antivirus from an mp3 software installer?? Nope, uncheck that/

Example: I Googled Malwarebytes Antimalware. The first link is the official site.
The second link is CNet. I'd closely watch anything from CNET for 'extras'.
Like I said, you can usually opt out, but you have to be vigilant.
K-Lite (due to its success/popularity) has joined the ranks of those that get this kind thing. The codec itself is fine, it's usually the installer that needs your attention.

#453451 - 01/24/18 04:29 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: raddy]
Belladonna Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Virginia
I use Audacity a free DAW you can download. Not sure if it's only for a Windows PC or not. I convert the .WAV to an MP3 file there.

#453480 - 01/24/18 07:41 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: raddy]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
That's another great option, once Audacity is set up.
It adds another step/layer, but works very well with the LAME convertor.

#453634 - 01/25/18 01:31 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: raddy]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Did you get the problem resolved?

2018 Band-in-a-Box for Windows added support to export as a MP3 file. Here is a quote from the 2018 new features page:
Quote:
Songs can now be saved as MP3 files in high resolution. M4A song saving has been enhanced and is faster.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#454988 - 01/31/18 04:43 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Problem exporting as MP3 [Re: raddy]
Kent - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Raddy,

I'm wondering which version and build you're running. You can find out by clicking Help, then About Band-in-a-Box.

I'm sure you're using something older than 2018, but may need to install the latest update for whichever one you are using, as you should be getting a "Driver cannot do the requested conversion" when trying to make MP3s without a codec installed, not a crash.

You can get update patches here:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27840 Members
51 Forums
53045 Topics
440416 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 140