It's a horses for courses thing but another thing that's often not said is that you buy BIAB and you get RB bundled with it ... for no extra cost (yeah I'm sure the price we pay has accounted for RB but the price is worth it for BIAB alone)

They are becoming closer in terms of functionality and what you have between the two is more than you would get offered for the same price by other software companies.

I used to use BIAB to write and then move to RB but for me, RB is so good these days [for the kind of tracks I need to write], that it has become my "go to" app for even noodling with ideas.

The fact that PG have kept development going on both programs is just great and one day there may be a single app that incorporates all our requirements in one bag. Until then, there's still choice a plenty.

Not many developers would run two converging apps as separate entitites for ever.

The way I tend to think about it is like NT and windows. If you're running XP or later, you're actually running more NT than windows.

Mike.

SongBrain - AI Generator
Shiny Emeralds - Latest Single

Win 10 Home 64bit - Ryzen7 3700x / 32Gb
BIAB / RB 2024 For Windows
EWQL Composer Cloud X