new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 New Features
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® is here!
We've been busy and added 64 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 202 RealTracks (double the 101 that we’ve often released in the past), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, RealDrums transcriptions, Xtra Styles PAK 6, MIDI Styles and more!
We have a 49-PAK with 40 RealTracks in addition to the 202 new RealTracks, so in total an amazing 242 new RealTracks are available! The 49-PAK also include 12 new MIDI SuperTracks, two new Instrumental Studies Sets with 120 "Train Beat" and 120 "Country-Pop guitar riffs, 10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, "Look Ma! More MIDI!" – 30 MIDI Styles, 21 RealDrums transcriptions, and 18 Artist Performances.
In addition, there are over 140 new RealStyles that use the new RealTracks. These include great Americana, Vocals (low voice mmms), new Blues Horn sections, and more! Plus, we’ve made a new Xtra Styles PAK 6 with 162 Xtra styles. (Xtra styles are styles based on previously released RealTracks.)
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Features
There are many exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019! First off is our brand-new 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! We include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions, so users of 32-bit Windows® OS can still run Band-in-a-Box® 2019. We’ve also made and include a 64-bit VST Plugin of Band-in-a-Box®, which you can use inside your favorite DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, etc.) to generate styles, RealTracks, RealDrums, Multi-Riffs, etc. We include a 64-bit GM MIDI synth VSTSynthFont64 with default GM soundfonts, allowing you to specify any GM soundfont even larger ones over 2 GB. The completely redesigned SongPicker shows information for up to 50,000 songs and has useful filter and search features including search by chord progression and/or melodic phrase. We’ve added advanced filters to help you with searches for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. These include search by feel, time signature, tempo, RealCharts, and more. You can now control the loudness of each RealTrack in the medley. Notation enhancements include drum notation, drums RealCharts (transcriptions of some of the RealDrums), quick entry of forced accidentals, and more. We’ve added 300 more song titles to the Song Titles Browser. The Melodist now uses RealStyles to generate chords and melodies. Audio Harmonies are enhanced with BB-Harmony engine providing sophisticated harmonies with passing tones to your audio track. And much more.
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Features and Additions
We've added 64 new features to Band-in-a-Box® 2019, including...
Band-in-a-Box® 64-bit version for Windows
There is a new 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®. This has the newest features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 and is a modern 64-bit audio app. This means it can use the latest audio drivers and plugins that are designed for the 64-bit audio engine on your Windows OS. We also include a 32-bit version of Band-in-a-Box® with similar features. The 64-bit version is named bbw64.exe and the 32-bit version is named bbw.exe. You can tell which version you are running by the startup screen or the About Band-in-a-Box® dialog (Help | About Band-in-a-Box®).
Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin
The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin is separate from the Band-in-a-Box® application and works directly inside your DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). The Plugin uses the content (RealTracks, styles, etc.) present in your bb folder to generate audio or MIDI tracks that you can drag/drop from the Plugin into your DAW. (There is a separate documentation for the plugin, including videos, on our website. https://www.pgmusic.com/support.biabplugin.htm )
The 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box® uses the VSTSynthFont64 as the General MIDI (GM) synth. It hooks up to Band-in-a-Box® automatically on bootup, but in case you need to configure it manually or change it to a different synth, open the VST/DX Synths/Plugin dialog (Options | MIDI/Audio Driver Setup | [VSTi/DXi Synth Settings]) and choose the VSTSynthFont64 from the list of available plugins. You can use any GM soundfont or DLS file with the 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, including larger ones over 2GB.
SongPicker Redesigned with many Great Features
- The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
- The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
- A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
- You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
- Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
- You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
Advanced Filter to Search for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks
A useful filter [#] button has been added in RealTracks Picker, RealDrums Picker, Best RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks Picker dialogs. It allows you to quickly filter the list by many elements including type (soloist/background/chording), feel (even/swing, 8th/16th), time signature, artists, and more.
- If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
- The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
- While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
- The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
- You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
- The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
- The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
- The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.
Drum Notation Support
- All the MIDI Drums have drum notation. Play the MIDI Drums and open the Notation window. Then, select the Drums track and you will see drum notation.
- Drum notation can be entered by a user on the Melody/Soloist track.
RealDrums Transcription (RealChart)
You can now control the loudness of each RealTrack in the medley.
RealTracks Medley Enhancement
You can now control the loudness of each RealTrack in the medley.
- The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
- Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
- You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
- A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.
Audio Harmonies Feature Enhancement
The feature now uses BB-Harmony engine when you select the N voices above and M voices below.
Song Titles Browser Enhancement
- We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
- The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
- The chord complexity filter is available.
Melodist uses RealStyles
The Melodist uses RealTracks styles instead of MIDI styles to generate songs.
More Extreme Transpositions on some RealTracks
All the “Low Man” and “Re-amped” 12-key metal/thrash electric guitar RealTracks support this feature.
- The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
- Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on the line.
- In the Notation Windows Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
- The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
- You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.
- A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
- Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
- There’s a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
- A new button in the Print Options dialog lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
- You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When the dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current notation track.
- Pressing the space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
- Typing a time signature (4/4, 3/4, 2/4, or 1/4) enters it in the current bar. 0/4 clears the time signature from the current bar.
- Style load functions — 11 hotkeys added. e.g. s1<enter> opens the StylePicker. s3<enter>>opens the Song Titles Brower, etc.
- Song load functions — 15 hotkeys added. ss<enter> opens the SongPicker, ss2<enter> opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.
- RealTracks — 6 hotkeys added. rt<enter> opens the RealTracks Picker, rt2<enter> opens the RealTracks Settings, etc.
- RealDrums — 4 hotkeys added. rd<enter> opens the RealDrums Picker, rd<venter> opens the RealDrums Settings, and rd3<enter> opens the RealDrums QuickList.
- Loops — rl
opens the Pick a Loop dialog.
- The latest version of Plogue Sforzando is included.
- Fewer flash messages appear at a time.
- The élastique engine has been improved and updated to 3.2.9.
- The Audio Harmony engine has been improved to version 1.4.
- Items in the MIDI Input Driver list show properly.
- Maj chords will play more accurate with longer phrases./
Band-in-a-Box®, RealBand® and other PG Music software uses élastique Pro V3 by zplane.development as a time and pitch stretching engine, élastique Tune V1 by zplane.development as a monophonic pitch editing engine, and Harmony add-on V1 by zplane.development for the élastique Tune Engine.
Unconditional 30-Day Money Back Guarantee on all products purchased from PG Music Inc.
PG Music Inc.
29 Cadillac Ave Victoria BC Canada V8Z 1T3
Sales: 800-268-6272, 250-475-2874,
Tech Support: 866-983-2474, 250-475-2708, + 800-4746-8742*
* Outside USA & Canada where International Freephone service is available. Access Codes
Q: How do I get the latest version of Band-in-a-Box?
A: We have packages for first-time or existing customers. Use the convenient chart to find the right package for you.
Q: If I purchase the UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK, do I really get a free USB Hard Drive for no additional charge?
A: Yes, Band-in-a-Box is pre-installed on a hard drive. You can use it directly from the hard disk, or copy it to your computer.