Band-in-a-Box 2012 for Windows
Band-in-a-Box 2012 for Windows® is here with over 50 cool new features!
We’ve been busy and just added some great new features and new RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box! Band-in-a-Box 2011 and 2011.5 delivered over 100 new features, and 202 new RealTracks – now Band-in-a-Box Version 2012 adds 101 more RealTracks and over 50 exciting new features!
We've just released 101 more amazing RealTracks for Jazz, Rock-Pop & Country. Since version 2011, there are 202 more RealTracks available. Combined, there are now over 870 RealTracks (hundreds of hours of recordings) available for you to add to your arrangements.
We’ve added VST synth support for each track, so you can have multiple synths playing on your songs. You can also use VST Audio Plug-ins (reverb, delay etc.) on each track. Customize over 150 of the Guitar based RealTracks with the new Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube CS). We include “Direct Input” (clean signal) Guitar RealTracks for these, so all of the added effects come from the Guitar Amp Simulator. Listen to our Band-in-a-Box AmpliTube Demos.
We’ve added “Loops” support, so you can add your own, or 3rd party loops to any Band-in-a-Box track. The “BB Remote” app for iPhone, iPad, Android has been updated with new features. There’s a Simpler RealTracks setting that makes the RealTracks play a less busy or embellished arrangement. You can add MIDITracks individually now, simply select your favorite MIDITrack from any style to any track of your current song. EZ selection of “DrumGrooves” has been added, which are different grooves within drum styles. And more…
We’ve also added 101 NEW RealTracks (Sets 137-154), with amazing Jazz, Pop, and Country Styles. These include:
- Jazz RealTracks: Dixieland full band with tuba/ banjo and soloists, Jazz Funk (Jeff Lorber, Alex Al), Fusion Guitar soloing (Carlos Arellano), Bossa Organ and Piano (Mike LeDonne), Solo Guitar Accompaniment (Oliver Gannon).
- Country RealTracks: Pedal Steel Soloing (CMA winner Paul Franklin), 6 new guitar soloing and accompaniment RealTracks recorded by Nashville guitar legend Brent Mason, Praise And Worship “Promise” band, Drivin’ 8ths full band, Bluegrass Waltz
- Pop/Rock RealTracks: Texas Blues soloing and rhythm with guitar masters Sol Philcox and Brent Mason, Rock Piano (CMA winner John Jarvis), Soul (full band), Pop 16ths medium (full band), Pop Ballad 16ths (full band).
Plus Important Features added in version 2011.5 (released July 2011), including
- Mixer window, allowing you to quickly set volumes, panning, reverb, tone and patches.
- “BB Remote” an app for iPhone/iPad and Android for use with your desktop version of Band-in-a-Box 2011.5. BB Remote is a remote control to choose/play/mix songs on the desktop version.
- RealTracks enhancements, including support for Pedal Bass, a “Same But Different” feature smoother playing in waltzes and better pushes and more simple variations.
- “Web Demo” button, which plays a streaming demo from the web.
- 101 RealTracks, including:
- Jazz (Jazz Funk, Gypsy Jazz Waltz/Ballads, Organ soloing, and “no-bass” organ, NY Piano and Solo Accompaniment Guitar)
- Pop (Soul, Celtic Hornpipes/Slip jigs, Basses, Crossover, Pop Waltz)
- and Country (Pedal Steel soloing – Paul Franklin, Brent Mason Guitar, Praise and Worship Believe/Power, Country Swing Piano/Fiddle)
RealBand 2012 is here with over 40 great new features!
A “Same But Different” MultiRiff Selection - you can now audition 7 different RealTracks performances, to choose the one that works the best with your song, with a single click! This works for the entire track, or the highlighted section of a track. You can customize over 150 of the Guitar based RealTracks using the new Guitar Amp Simulator that is included (AmpliTube CS). We include “Direct Input” (clean signal) Guitar RealTracks for these, so all of the added effects come from the Guitar Amp Simulator. We’ve added “Loops” support, so you can add your own or 3rd party Loops to any RealBand track. We’ve added a Simpler RealTracks setting – a checkbox that makes the RealTracks play a simpler (less busy or embellished) arrangement. And more…
The New Features in RealBand 2012 for Windows are...
“Same But Different” MultiRiff Selection
You can now audition 7 different RealTracks performances, to choose the one that works the best with your song, with a single click! This works for the entire track, or the highlighted section of a track. Choose one, or multiple, to add to the song. For example, if you want a pedal steel riff for 4 bars, highlight that region, and listen to the 7 selections, and choose the riff that works best. Or if you want 2 “different” acoustic guitar strumming parts, choose 2 from the 7 different generated parts, they will be written as to different tracks, and contain different strumming. We call this “Same but different,” since the strumming patterns are on the same chords, but are different performances.
Guitar Amp Simulator Added (Amplitube CS) and over 150 “Direct Input” Guitar based RealTracks. You can customize over 150 of the Guitar based RealTracks using the new Guitar Amp Simulator that is included (AmpliTube CS). We include “Direct Input” Guitar recordings for these, so all of the added effects come from the Guitar Amp Simulator.
We’ve added “Loops” support, so you can add your own or 3rd party Loops to any RealBand track
New horizontal master output VU meters on the main toolbar. There’s now a VU Meter visible on the screen at all times, with a clipping indicator. Requires a high resolution monitor.
There are handy new buttons in the tracks window.
- [S] Solo buttons are on each track. Now you can select multiple tracks to solo, by clicking the S button on the tracks that you want to solo.
- [F/X] FX button launches the dialog to choose VST Audio F/X or MIDI Synths for the track. This is much faster method than previous.
Simpler RealTracks Setting
We’ve added a Simpler RealTracks setting – a checkbox that makes the RealTracks play a simpler (less busy or embellished) arrangement.
StylePicker Filter has been Enhanced.
There is an easy search feature on the main StylePicker filter window. You can type a search term, press Enter, and the styles are filtered. This includes, in addition to typing any text, special terms like Ev (shown only Even feel styles), Sw (Swing styles), 8 (8th note styles), 16 (16ths note styles), 140 (find styles that work at tempo 140), 140! (list only styles where the original tempo is 140), Real (list only real styles), MIDI (list only MIDI styles), “Oliver” (list only styles including Artist=Oliver), “Duo/Trio/Quartet” (# instruments) and more.
StylePicker Advanced Filter has been enhanced.
There are new options to include/exclude styles with soloists, only include styles matching the tempo exactly, RealTracks Artists list includes instrument names (“Oliver Gannon: Jazz Guitar instead of “Oliver Gannon”), individual genres listed (e.g. show Country and Pop styles only), faster (single click) selection of options (radio buttons instead of drop down combo) for most commonly used settings. StylePicker filter added for time signatures 4/4, 3/4 waltz, 5/4, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8, and others.
Stylpicker memo enhanced.
- Lists *** includes Soloist *** for styles with Soloists.
- Shows N/A for missing RealTracks.
- More elaborate drum names, you now see CountryPopEv16^01 a:Sidestick, Hihat b:Snare, HiHat instead of CountryPopEv16^01-SSCldHt,SnrCH.
- Expanded size show; more of memo shows.
Song memos are imported from Band-in-a-Box songs.
The Auto-generated memo is also imported from Band-in-a-Box songs that have been saved by Band-in-a-Box 2012. The imported memo appears on the comments window, which is opened with the song.
Now Able To Save A Highlited Region (Or Entire Track) Of A Song As WAV, wma, mp4 Or m4a.
Choose the new Track- Save selection as audio (WAV,WMA,mp4,m4a) command, or right click on the tracks window to choose this command.
“Band” button added to main screen, allowing you to quickly choose the most commonly used styles for Jazz, Pop, and Country.
Some Yellow Hint Messages can now be clicked on to perform the action.
Questions asked when songs loaded (requiring a repsonse) are now changed to yellow flash messages, that don't require a response but can be clicked on if you want to do the function.
Styles can now contain extra information such as:
Custom Panning, Reverb, and Tone Control settings. Styles can also store Audio FX to use with tracks, and specific VST synths to use. Styles can also be made to specify “simple” variations for the RealTracks, or use Direct Input Guitars.
(Nt+) (Nt-) Note+ and Note- buttons on the Guitar Window. If a notation window is open, pressing these buttons will place the note on a different string for guitar tab or on-screen guitar display. Note: this is done by use of MIDI Channels 11 to 16 for guitar strings.
Chord Symbols are now drawn on the Audio Edit Window.
RealDrums names have been improved, so instead of cryptic names like:
CountryPopEv16^01 a:Sidestick, Hihat b:Snare, HiHat
a:Sidestick, HiHat: Kick on 1 and 3 with the sidestick on beat 4. The hihat is playing a 16th note pattern, b:Snare, HiHat: Kick on 1 and 3 with the snare on beat 4. The hihat plays 16th notes throughout and is sometimes opened slightly
The RealTracks – Demos folder names are improved, and list the names of the RealTracks set. (eg. Instead of “c:\bb\RealTracks Set 42” it says “c:\bb\RealTracks Set 42 Boogie n’ Texas Rock.
RealDrums arrangements have been improved, playing less busy playing on odd bar numbers. The “Same But DIfferent” feature is improved, and finds more varied playing.
Rests now apply to the Melody and Soloist tracks (if they have RealTracks, Loops or MIDITracks on them). Note that for purposes of excluding the tracks from the rests, the Melody and Soloist tracks use the same setting as the Strings track.
RealTracks Arrangements are enhanced.
Band-in-a-Box handles major triads more intelligently, considering their function in the key of the song. Better playing over 2 beat chords (sometimes would piece together two one beat riffs for a chord lasting 2 beats.)
PG Music Inc.
29 Cadillac Ave Victoria BC Canada V8Z 1T3
Sales: 1-800-268-6272, 250-475-2874,
+ 800-4746-8742 *
Support: 1-866-983-2474, 250-475-2708,
+ 800-4746-8742 *
* Outside USA & Canada where International Freephone service is available. Access Codes
Q: How do I get the latest version of Band-in-a-Box?
A: We have packages for first-time or existing customers. Use the convenient chart to find the right package for you.
Q: If I purchase the UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK, do I really get a free USB Hard Drive for no additional charge?
A: Yes, Band-in-a-Box is pre-installed on a hard drive. You can use it directly from the hard disk, or copy it to your computer.