Hi Ovid,

I have summarized what you have so far tried in case you do need to contact Support. Simply copy and paste the link for this thread into an email. Support will then be able to read what has been suggested and what you have tried. This will be much easier than having to explain it over the phone, etc.
Quote:

Win7
BIAB - 2009.5
4 Gig memory
Found another one that dops out - 582:582:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Roadhouse Ev 120

****** Song Summary *************
Title: RAG DOLL
File:RAG DOLL mandoin.MGX
Key=G , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=3:28
4 bar intro, 96 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 100. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 2706 notes, saved patch is Voice Oohs (54)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus,
Style is _DRDUN_G.STY (Slow Rock Ballad (85 RS))
Style MIDI Instruments are :
RealTracks in song: 539:539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 522:522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 543:543:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 582:582:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Roadhouse Ev 120 ('B' only)
RealDrums: CountryEven16

Quote:

I downloaded all of the updates I needed and installed them all. Rebooted and opened 2009.5. It's still happening - but only on the guitars.

Quote:

1. Try soloing the guitar and playing the song through as a solo'd guitar so that I could determine if it's cutting out or simply playing quietly.
Quote:

I tried that and it was still cutting out for 2 bars at a time.

2. Check under Opt >> Preferences >> Arrange and make sure that the "Insert Breaks (silence) in arrangement" is not active.
Quote:

Insert breaks in arrangement is NOT checked.

3. Reset the chord sheet: press F5, and then down the bottom of the dialogue box that pops up, click "reset all bars". Then regenerate the song and see what happens.
Quote:

Reset all bars but this didn't help either.

NOTE: Resetting will be fine (under Opt >> Preferences). Your previous settings will be saved and if you need to return to them, you can simply use Opt. >> Open Preferences to load the old settings back in.

This is a rather puzzling problem. I suspect the fact that you get 2 bars of silence (and not 1, 3, 4 bars) is important. I find myself wondering if maybe there is a base file (or section of base file) for that particular style that does not have any audio contained within it.

How are you running BIAB? Is it running entirely from your hard drive, entirely from the USB drive or some on the hard drive, some on the USB drive?

Regards,
Noel

P.S. If you want to "quote" pieces text, simply highlight the section that you want to quote, copy and paste it in your reply between {quote}"i.e. paste here"{/quote} where the curly brackets { } around "quote" and "/quote" are replaced with square brackets [ ].

Last edited by Noel96; 01/01/11 03:20 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024