There are some CD players that will play MP3s. I don’t know what process they use because as far as I’m concerned why not use wavs! MP3s use less space but do not sound as good as wavs IMO. Plus I burn wavs so they can play on anyone’s CD player.

Back to the initial discussion, another factor is what is the difference between your computer sound system (amp/speakers/settings etc) and your stereo system. I see you have listed your stereo system but not your computers. Listening an a good computer system (pro amps and near field monitors) can sound different when listened through a home stereo, even a good home stereo.

Plus as Matt has indicated are you burning a data CD containing MP3’s or are your converting a MP3 to a CD wav file? Check and see what the file type is on the burned CD. IF it’s a CD wav file then some kind of conversion is being done to your files.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware