Wow, that's great that there are people close by that are doing this!

Dennis, I had a decent tax refund this year and bought the wife a new laptop and guess what- there was still some left over! I'm glad I decided to jump in all the way. I'm not a Jazz player yet by any means but just playing along with some of the exercises has been a lot of fun.

Matt, I almost died laughing when you mentioned the QY-10....that same friend that turned me off to BB also sold me his used QY-10.I never would have remembered what that little thing was called. Luckily for me I had six years of piano lessons during grade school so I eventually got back into real keyboards again.

Matt there are a couple jazz clubs around here that I know of....The Van Dyck, of course, and Justin's. Let me know next time you're up this way. What instrument do you mainly play?

Okay, I got one more story....about five years ago I worked indirectly for NYS Dept of Corrections and got to see the inside of just about every facility from death row down to the shock camps. I think Walkill is a medium security? Anyway my group was walking through there with the Gen Pop all around us and I heard music coming down the hall as we passed the cafeteria. I looked in and there was an auditorium and a band made up of inmates was jamming to "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. It was quite the group, very diverse and obviously not all metal heads but you could see an attitude of sharing so everybody got a turn. Some guards were watching them and they seemed to dig it too.

Well thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to more posts!

Dan

BiaB 2024
Reaper v7.15
Melodyne Essential 5.3