Okay let me toss my dime in about the concept of it being "amateur".

When I go up to my studio, I have an idea in my head. Only I know what that idea is, I can't explain that idea in words, but I will know it is right when I hear it. There are 2 options. I can bring in people to play and try to explain what I want, and 50 takes later have something close, or I can use BIAB and in 2 hours have it tracked, recorded, vocals layered in, supporting drums played in from a drum machine, harmonies layered on with my vocoder, supporting keyboard and guitar parts done, saved out to mp3 and sent in an email to the people who are going to play it live.

Sounds like "efficient" would be a better word to me than "amateur". And I would probably NOT have any issues playing a small club gig using it as my band and playing solos live over it. None at all. As it is, there are dozens of people doing a solo around here using iPod tracks as their band. (I saw one last month using his iPhone, and in the middle of a song the phone rang....LOL!!)

I just got this thing 3 days ago. I have 3 songs done. I also use Sonar. The learning curve with Sonar is SO HUGE, AND it requires playing the parts in again and again until you get a take with no clams, something that gets increasingly difficult as I get older and start to deteriorate physically. Arthritis in the hands is a really band thing for guitar and keyboard players, my eyes are starting to go....

I spent WEEKS learning how to use Sonar just well enough to record ONE TRACK. And in fact had to call a friend in for lessons.

For making demos to send out to players for learning purposes, this is the best thing going.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.