Quote:

If your setup provides a way to split audio signals to multiple outputs (mixer, splitter, sound card with muliple outs etc) then you should be able to send a clean chords-only real track to the GTX device.

This is what I do cause I play bass.

For background in 2001 I bought a Digitech Vocalist II. It was almost identical in features as the 2003 Voiceworks. All the programability etc. All I ever used were a couple of the close voiced presets. I did use CC messages to activate the unit. The sound was reasonable and I liked it.This time the main focus had to be on the quality of the harmonies. After listening to demos of 3 units:
1. Voice live II
2. Harmony M
3. Harmony GXT
4. Voiceworks
Done by:
1. TC Helicon
2. members of this forum THANKS
3. other folks
4. comments at the TC forums
I decided that even though they all sounded very good the VoiceLive II & the GXT had the best sounding harmonies for my needs. I could not afford the VL II at this time.The GXT is the same vocal processor as the VoiceLive II.
One thing that may slip is that the new GXT has a USB connector and a program for saving and restoring presets & setups.It's also used for firmware updates. I've already done one of those. Slick. The presets are save as sysex files. With the unit plugged in it shows up as a MIDI driver. See where this is headed.There's discussion that appears to be from a knowledgeable source that there will be an update that will allow the GXT to be MIDI controlled. Sort of a merge of the older M & G .

The other thing

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php