Quote:

I am not looking for something which has to be overly programmed. I always try to stay away from units which have to be programmed by ..push first button twice, then hold down second button once, for 5 secs, then switch unit off and then on, then select option 1 to 10... I need presets and I need it to be simple.

when I say "programmable" I don't mean layers of menus. I mean the same kind of continuous controller programming that lets you control any MIDI device as part of the sequence.

In the same way that BIAB and RB let you use upper bank patch files to add the names of your synths non GM patches to the dropdown patch selection dialog box, you can also add the CC prameters for MIDIable devices to the same file.

That way, in Piano roll mode when you click on the dropdown box to add a continuous controller, you get a custom list of controls for your MIDI device. In the case of the VOICEWORKS, the custom dialog would say things like...

harmony off/on
pitch correction off/on
harmony type
harmony key
correction type
correction key
etc

every single parameter can be changed on the fly by inserting continuous controller commands into the track. Its very easy to make harmonies switch on and off, add more vocalists, change the reverb, key etc

And the nice thing is that because it works via continuous controllers, most of us MIDI enthusiasts already know how to do that, so there isn't a huge learning curve

Anybody who is gearing up for a solo act should consider buying only MIDIable devices that can be controlled with CC. Once you get the sequence set, all volume changes, patch changes, key changes etc happen automatically, as if you had an invisible sound guy controlling the show.

All business is about offering the same product or service at a price that is lower than your competitor. The way to do that is by cutting costs. With BIAB, a vocal processor and continuous controllers you have eliminated the cost of a full band, backing vocalists and the sound guy. (CC can do lights too).