I've been working on a song in RB for 2 weeks and almost finished it last night and saved it and shut down my computer. When I just now went to open it I to finish it off I got a message saying that 'file has invalid data. When it eventually opened there was no recorded tracks, it was blank but the chord window still showed the chord symbols.

I did a search through Windows explorer for backup files and found several in the RBbackup folder. The last modified date of one of the .bks files was just before I shut down last night.

I thought I was saved but am unable to open any of the files in the folder with the .bks extension. when I double click on the file I get the message that Windows can't open the file and doesn't list RB as a program that I have (I've never been able to open a SEQ file by double clicking on it). I tried opening the file with RB but it didn't recognise it.

When I rebooted my computer and discovered the problem Windows advised that it had crashed last time and RB said the same thing and asked if I wanted to reset (wrong term I know but it was to that effect). I said no. This is despite seeming to close down okay last night (I'm the only user of this machine).

Any suggestions for retrieving?

Cheers

Andy

Macbook, 2.4 GHz, Lion OSX, 4mb RAM running Windows 7 through a Bootcamp partition,
750Gb 7,200 RPM hard drive, Ultra Pack fully installed on HD