Quote:

I haven't upgraded since 2009. The RealTracks in 2010 weren't what I really needed most.
I see how 2011 version has really changed things, with a lot of new features and some really great RTs, But I also agree that missing one upgrade shouldn't put you in the lowest catagory.

I've also been a BIAB use since the Atari ST, crossed over to the PC and haven't kept up with all the updates.
I went from an early version to 2008 and then 2009.

I know the 2011 is much better, because I can here it in the songs that people are posting.
They sound much better. But I just don't have the money.

I know they give a lot, but it still is very expensive for a first time buyer. And by missing one upgrade puts you in the same place as someone who hasn't upgraded for 5 years or more isn't right to me.

Please don't get me wrong. I love this program and would love to have the latest version, But I also love my home Heating Oil. And they have no loyalty to anyone ever.

I'll be waiting for the Christmas sale.
Wayne,

Yes you are right Wayne the Christmas sale is usually the best deal. In past years users who have the same version older than 2 years were only charged $20 more than others for the standard ultrapak, so I see your point entirely utilities and more pressing matters come first.

With a bit of luck the sale at start of Dec will have similar offers to past years. Upgrading band in a box twice yearly (though its a must have program) can over a period of several years add up to many hundreds of dollars.

I do understand the point of others as well that its money well spent, indeed it is if one has the cash to spare.

musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile