Where is this "play selected area"? I looked under every tab and could not find it. I right clicked the track in the wave file, and the track area.

I did as you asked I was able to:

1. solo any or all tracks i want with the ctrl key and those played fine.

2. select a region or area of a track, and hold ctrl, and have the selected area apply to more than one track. But hitting play made it play the soloed tracks but not the selected areas only, it kept playing after the highlighted area, and only on the soloed tracks.

Next i opened cakewalk MC5 and selected two tracks to solo and selected an area, and it played both selected tracks, but did not single out the highlighted areas.

Are you looping an area? I was able to set a looped region and solo it, and add other tracks to the solo with ctrl i can release any and change from one to another.

Yes in RB, if you solo two or three tracks and then click on one of them to select a region it will cancel the solo and apply it to that track only. In MC5 it will stay soloed, but not do anything else. SO you might not have the feature to hold the solo-ed tracks, but in MC5 you can't one click and release the solos so one is not really better it is just a different approach.

Am I still missing the point, or did i understand, and just don't see the importance of this?

I really am being sincere.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.