Pat. You buy the fake books (preferably via Bob's Amazon link). Bob makes and sells the BIAB fake disks that go with the book. I always add my own intros since there are none on the fake disks. I usually just cut and paste the last few bars being too lazy to do my own but that's okay for our type gigs and helps to get the audience ready to sing along.

The fake books that go with Note's disks, that we have bought, all have comb bindings. These bindings may not be the strongest. We took all of our fake books into Office Depot and had them 3-hole punched and put in binders. Now, we can copy the songs we need to take on gigs or just take the songs we will play. I like to copy a page to work with and tape it up next to the computer screen. Some of the fake books, i.e. Broadway, are quite big and could be a little precarious on a flimsy stand.

Notes' fake disks are worth every penny. Yes, the songs only cost pennies. Sometimes we may download songs from Amazon digital, like karaoke, if it's a song we want but don't have it on the fake disk or can't find it for free somewhere on the web. Those songs are .89 to .99 each. We also bought some karaoke songs on cds and sd cards. Those are around $50 for 100 tunes. We've used those, but they are a lot more work since they are audio files with the usual limitations of audio. Note's product truly gives the best bang for the buck (to coin a phrase);)

Stan

Cornet Curmudgeon