Quote:

<...>Great product. Keep em' coming. Look forward to the Praise and Gospel Fake Book you were talking about. Your songs bring back a lot of old, good, memories from High School through College. <...>

Thank you very much. I'm glad you are happy with the product (after all, my name is on it)

Quote:

You can change the preferences on what style to load.

I'd like to see this expanded, there are several things for housekeeping that should be done in my opinion.<...>

Great suggestions, have you added them to the "wish list"?

Quote:

<...>In the song list there are some songs preceded by the # sign as Bob explains. Also, it does detault to zzjazy and I'm using 2011.5 Everything Pak. I appreciate having this "heads up" knowing that I will have to choose a style or buy one of Bob's. Ya know, I really hate getting old because I had forgotten that I could buy individual styles rather than a whole disk. <...>

Stan

Buying single styles is definitely an option. However, they are more expensive than if you buy them in disk form. The reason is that so many people take a piece of each transaction (authorization company, merchant's account, business bank, etc.). If you end up wanting 5 or 6 styles that happen to be on the same disk, you would be better off buying the disk and getting between 20 and 30 styles for about the same price.

And as I pointed out, you can just audition the style at http://www.nortonmusic.com/styledemo.html and then choose a similar style from your collection. So many songs have been done in so many ways that often more than one style can fit. Especially in songs that have a well developed chord progression. In all the bands I've been in over the years, I've done Erroll Garner's "Misty" as a ballad, up-tempo swing song, funk, generic Latin, and even a jazz waltz -- I've even done it as a jazz waltz in the A section and up-tempo swing for the B section (that was a lot of fun). Of course, this doesn't work with all songs.

Almost all the people who buy my styles come back for more. I'm proud of them, I think they fill spaces that PG Music doesn't address, and I think they are as good or better in quality than PG Music's styles, and being 100% MIDI, they are 100% editable so you can play with them. And isn't that what BiaB and sequencers are all about?

Thanks again for all the kind words. I'll always do my best to meet or exceed your future expectations. After all, my name is on my products.

Besides for the new fake disk, I'll have a new style disk coming out. It is the next in the series of styles inspired by the Technics KN7000. Volume 1 got great responses. After that I intend to continue the Korg series.

Stay tuned!

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks