Rob remoted in and was a HUGE help. What he showed me is all working fine. What we did not do is record real time audio. I checked everything and the interface is set up as BIAB/RB says it should be, yet the VU meters show no input when I have a key on the keyboard taped down playing a note and I can hear it through the mix. Either I have something physical set wrong (which I doubt because I can hear the keyboard) or some setup, though the track is set to audio, it is on the right side of my interface (1-2 rather than 3-4) and Windows is correctly set up to use this as the recording device.

As I said earlier, this kind of thing makes me want to see everything I own and never play music again.

I once said in a ranting post, we need "simple mode".

Click here to do this.
Click here to do that.

I am not at 90 minutes trying to make the VU meters see my input, and my interface is showing me the input from the keyboard just fine.

90 minutes.

The help files are worthless. They say what to check but nothing about when everything checks to be right and it still doesn't work. When you do what the help says and it still doesn't work, it isn't my fault anymore. Watching the little green signal light on my M-Audio Fast Track Pro flashing away and getting madder with every flash.

Oh well, back to the help and GUESS what search string I should use for this. I do know "record" is no good, "audio" is no good, "RealBand" is no good..... let me go try "salami".

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.