I think gibson hit the nail on the head. BiaB is an easy program to start using IF you are a musician, i.e. add some chords, pick a style and go. Having said that it also takes a musician a good deal of time learning all the ins and outs of BiaB; how long I don’t know as I’m not there yet. As for a non-musician I can’t even comprehend how difficult it can be.

My suggestion would be to take a song you like and try inputting it into BiaB. I would also read the manuals and ask many question here, however I would start the questions by saying “I’m a non-musician and I need help…………..”. That would put potential responders in the right frame of mind for their response.

I would also recommend the book Music theory for Dummies. That could put you in a good starting place.

Also remember owning music program will not make you a musician. It can help you tremendously but you have to put the time in both learning the program and learning music. That is not an easy task. For example you could give me the best state-of-the-art illustrator/paint program but I’ll NEVER become an artist. Heck I can’t even draw stick figures correctly sot the program would be practically useless for me.

Good luck.

Last edited by MarioD; 02/03/09 07:48 AM.