I'm another one. Played Hammonds since my first M3 in 1969, then got a B3 around 1972 or so and had it and gigged with it until maybe 10-12 years ago when I got my Kurzweil with the KB3 option and it just wasn't worth it anymore.

You're right Mac from the POV of the player but maybe not from the audience, even an audience of players. Once it's going out through the PA in a band situation, highly unlikely you'll tell blindfolded. Now if it's a jazz duo or trio in a small lounge where the volume is low and the cat is doing the bass pedals with just drums and a sax and you're hearing the Leslie live, different story. It's mostly because of the bass because with pedals the player is still playing both manuals and any player can hear that. If someone is playing bass on a Nord, the tone could be perfect but he only has two hands and you can hear that he's only playing with his right hand. Add some bass pedals to the Nord and use the same B3 patch, maybe but still no live Leslie so the comparison to a PA would still give it away. However, add the pedals and the Motion Sound Leslie, assuming you can split the keyboard on the Nord for the upper and lower manuals now you have as close to the real deal as you're going to get. Could you tell the difference then in the audience? Maybe depending on how good the player is I guess.
I still think if you're in a larger venue where the Leslie is mic'd anyway, very hard to tell the difference out front.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.