Quote:

Here, when I had Lame installed in XP, it showed up in the RB list as it's own item, separate from mp3 list. How are you installing the Lame codec? I need to get it onto the new system and haven't tried yet in Win7. I've just been using wma for now.

Glad it's working now anyway.

I installed the ACM version of lame located here. It showed up in the RB list as it's own item, as you mentioned. That's as it's supposed to if you read the referenced page above.

However, it doesn't work in RB. After selecting 'Merge Tracks to Compressed file' the popup dialog asks you what codec to use. I select Lame mp3 and an appropriate bitrate etc. and click Ok. The progress dialog comes up indicating the wav file is being converted. Then I get an error message saying 'can't get stream.size'. When I click Ok I get another message saying error in module lameenc.acm. At this point RB is basically locked up and must be closed using the task manage if the BSOD doesn't happen.

It's a real pain in the butt. I want a good mp3 codec since the windows supplied codec doesn't offer any better than 56kbps.

Are there any other free mp3 codecs that do work with RB?

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki