Quote:

Just interested to know what styles of music, whether covers or originals, whether for fun or commercially, what.... hang on I'll write a list of q's... answer any you feel like, add more if you like!

LIke most of us, Mel, I just can't resist replying to questionnaires so thanks and here goes

Quote:

What styles?

Pop in all its glorious forms

Quote:

Covers or Originals?

I do covers for learning/training purposes but my aim is to complete my CD (I have 7 self-written songs already completed)

Quote:

Fun or commercial (or somewhere in between!)

That's a hard one - I'd sell my output if I could but that is not the main reason I do it

Quote:

What human instruments do you add to your Biab/RB arrangements?

well vocals of course, but I'm not sure what you mean by a human instrument.

Quote:

Do you port your tunes from BIAB into another DAW (eg. Sonar etc) to finish them?

Yes, and very very early in the process. I only use BIAB to get the roughest of rough outlines to import into PTPA 11. By the time the piece is finished, all that is left is the drums. Everything else has been completely re-played and recorded, the original MIDi from BIAB serving as a guide.

Quote:

Do you play live with Biab?

No

Quote:

What are you currently working on?

My lack of activity here over the past few weeks may have been noted by some (or perhaps not!). But the reason is I have just been recruited to fill the keyboard player's stool of a local revivalist covers band (mainly 60s). This, in addition to my other band has left me with no time to devote to my home studio. But I don't want to hi-jack your thread, Mel. I'll write something on my blog about all these developments as soon as I get a moment.