In a forum it's difficult to make statements and not sound like you mean it like 100% that's the way it is. The real world is not like that. Certainly there are lots of younger people like Avatars who are schooled musicians and use or should use Biab. The question is is there enough of them? One bar I work at occasionaly is in a country club. Mostly an older crowd who like a lot of classic rock/country stuff just like what we're talking about. We get away with some jazz for the first set but that's it. One of the bartenders is a 22 year old college student and he's a big jazz fan and loves our jazz set but as far as I can tell he's about the only one in that bar who does. The other gig I've talked about here before is in a nice Italian restaurant right down at the beach in Hermosa. We play jazz from 7-10 on one or two Fridays a month then the place turns into a thumping hip hop disco. Same thing, there's a few in the crowd who like what we do but the majority are simply waiting for the party to start.

And the really sad part is just my opinion based on very limited observations, I think that small educated music crowd is shrinking in spite of all the music students coming out of various colleges. The thousands of those are far far outweighed by the hundreds of millions of mindless thumper/techno fans. It's not that a lot of the hip hop artists themselves are not educated musicians they are it's just the stuff they produce is not what any of us would call "real music". Fifty years from now all the stuff we know and love will still be around but only in schools and occasional concerts, that's it. Fifty years? Actually, probably twenty years.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.