A lot of 6/8 and 12/8 songs have 8th note chords, which especially don't work if implemented as "swing 4/4", which many of the 6/8 tunes do. You can do it if you enter it into BIAB as two 3/4 bars, but of course notation suffers then.

I've seen 8th note chords show up quite often in the bar before the song modulates to a different key, as well as a pickup note into the next bar. In this case, in BIAB, the problem is not needing more than 4 chords per bar, but that fact that you can only push a chord ahead in time, not delay it. So a song that just needed one chord on beat one and then an 8th note pickup chord on beat 4 1/2 resolving to one chord on beat one again, can't be done in BIAB. that's just two chords in the whole bar, but it can't be done.

Ideally, I'd like to see 8th note resolution, but I'd happy if in addition to "pushing" chords ahead, we could also "pull" them back, as well.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com