Quote:

Hi Matt. Patches and updates are assessed for their fixes and benefits. Often, I'll wait weeks or months for PG's subsequent release of fixes to the initial fixes before incorporating them into the back-up installation. If trials appear to work correctly, then into the main install. It's reassuring and convenient to have a complete working program on hand for backup in the event of a disaster without having to cobble together bits and pieces to accomplish a reinstall. That's why I buy the hard drive vs download.

Thanks, I see your point: you are primarily concerned with keeping a pure backup, and that takes priority for you over applying patches and updates right away, at least to the backup copy. I don't share your concern because the program has major updates every six months and you can always roll back to prior installs, but do I understand it. I always back up the patch files so I could reconstruct if needed, and you could put those on the hard drive rather than applying them to the hard drive.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors