Well, when I dove into digital recording, I srated out with onboard audio. Gradually and over time, I kept upgrading to better recording gear (mics/sound interface/mixers, etc). As I've upgraded, my output became better each time after an "equipment upgrade".

This can be proven very easily. If anyone wants to start with my oldest song on Soundclick and work themselves up to the latest song, yoou will be able to tell if I recorded with something cheap or "fancy". I sure know that my ears hear the difference and that alone is reason enough for me to have spent the money I have in decent gear (done spending, though - reached the goal I wanted to reach LOL). Of course, getting better with a mix helps too. But you can't mix crap to make it sound good. Garbage in, garbage out.

So, to my ears, quality recording gear is audible... at least to me. I have no regrets about spending the money I have over time, on the contrary.

Just my humble opinion, FWIW.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by MikeK; 02/29/12 09:56 AM.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest