I finally went stereo about two years ago because of the leslie effect on B3 patches. They sound much better in stereo and I heard the piano better too especially the EP's with stereo effects. I started with a pair of EV 12" powered monitor speakers and they are fine for maybe two thirds of my gigs but were not strong enough for the rest. I've still got two big single systems that are too big to fit both in my car, they have plenty of power but I've been spoiled by stereo so I finally bought a pair of 15" Eons. They're overkill just for keyboards but they fit in the car and all I can say is wow, do they sound great in stereo. I did two big band gigs last year where there was not room on stage with 18 people for both speakers and I had to make do with one and I sure can hear the difference now. It's definitely a stretch to spend 2 grand at one time but I have at least that much in all these systems I've acquired over the last 6-8 years or so. Time to sell something, I think.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.