I always thought of karaoke as entertainment with a twist, because 98% of the singers are so bad that the people are there to LAUGH at them like they were at a comedy club.

That being said, I was at karaoke night once about 20 years ago (probably the last time I went) and ended up recruiting a female vocalist. She was AMAZING.

There was also a time that my band of those years wanted to play this club and we could not get them to even give us a listen. So one night they were having karaoke night, and coincidently the karaoke DJ was a good friend of ours, all 5 of us went out in our band jackets, signed up to sing, and when we were called we sang "If You Don't Know Me By Now". This DJ used to record on cassette and give them to the singer as a souvenir. We, of course, didn't care about that, but 2 girls actually got into a fistfight over that tape! We went back up later and did "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling", and the same 2 girls were fighting until I stepped in and said "Hey, why don't you each take ONE? And better still, tell this club owner you'd come out to hear us if he booked us."

We left with a contract for 8 consecutive Wednesdays.

So, karaoke has it's place. Just not in MY place.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.