That's what I am being called here now - the Karaoke King. 'Nah und?' (as they say in German and it sure don't mean 'wonderful', in fact it means the exact opposite)

Ok. So I gave not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 free gigs for the people in rehab. My gift to the institute. The only way I could offer something in return for them helping me. The 'patients' loved it. I was more than amazed, not only at the attendance but also at the number of people who genuinely wanted to be involved (and I am talking about my karaoke show). Really!

It started as a 2 hour show and built and built...

The first time that it became apparent that I would not run this show, in less than 24 hours there was a petition with over 180 signatures DEMANDING I run my karaoke show.

Oh MFG, I offer. Who gives a *****?! They are still censoring personal expression, even now

Around here, to mention that word 'karaoke' is the kiss of death amongst my pro music friends. They mock me. They tease me. BUT... Something GOOD is going on here (apart from me sitting at home getting drunk all on my own)

People WANT to sing. Singing IS therapy. Singing makes one feel a part of the community and even, sometimes, a bit special. Karaoke gives you that with a backing band and background harmonies.

Still, there is the possibility that I might actually run a weekly karaoke show in a rehab centre. I mean, this is serious BIG TIME and should be reported worldwide. The people there absolutely love it! Karaoke IS music therapy. Challenge me if you think otherwise

Sad. Isn't it?

Well, here we go. Its my own damn fault...

Wasting away again in Margaritaville

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what