Lindbjerg,
My feeling on an iMac is this. Yes, you can run bootstrap, or Wine, or whatever it is you want to run Windows in, but I believe it's still all emulation, Windows is running on a virtual machine, which slows everything down. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Secondly, the iMac only has a 320 gb hard drive, so if you are running both OS X and Windows, and the emulator, then on top of that, trying to do audio work, it's going to be a bit hard. You can't add a second drive to it. Yes, you can use an external USB drive.

You are restricted to the sound card that comes with the iMac...not a bad choice if you're using external A/D and D/A converters that support Optical S/PDIF. But, if you're using the analog, you're restricted by the quality of the sound chip.

Much of the same goes for the PowerMac. You can add additional internal drives, but there are no PCI slots, only PCI-e. So, if you're looking to expand your sound card capability, you need to find a sound card that is PCI-e capable, AND has Mac OS X drivers. Both the Creative series of cards, as well as the Asus PCI-e cards only have drivers written for the PC, which I guess is okay when you're using WIndows on your Mac, but how about when you want to go 'native?'

For not much more than you're entry level iMac, I can have a very nice PC which will give me a number of solutions, will run either dual or quad core processors, will have a 22" monitor, and will run a 64 bit OS.

I'm not dissing the Macs, I think they're great computers, but dollar for dollar, and bang for the buck, Macs aren't in the competition.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!