Hi John,
Quote:

Your suggestions had already been checked, to no avail. I am beginning to believe the OUT part of the connector may be faulty. I have a second one i'll try.

It might not simply be the cable, it could also be the external device. For example, it might be that your external synth is set to receive signals only on channel 1 (often a default - see PG Music note on image below) and BIAB is sending information on the channels yjoh has so clearly listed. Check your synth's documentation for setting it to receive on all channels and in poly-note mode. Also, make sure that volumes are around 90.

Here's something else to try. While the below screen-capture is from BIAB 2012, I imagine that there's something equivalent in other versions.

Go to "Opt | Preferences | Midi Driver" and run the "Output Driver Wizard". That has a "Piano Test" button on it which will send a signal on Channel #1.

Maybe someone with an external module will jump in and talk us through how they set it up. (Mac is amazing on this stuff. You could try emailing him and see what happens.)

I'm searching through the PG Music Support tutorials at the moment. If I find one that does the job, I'll post the link.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024