Mike...not to push the point, but here's a little story for ya. After three years of MC'ing the Lazy B show at the western dinner theater of the same name, and over three hundred concerts there (I was a tenor), I thought my voice was great. It was powerful and clear and I had a great range. Then I heard about a local voice teacher who had worked at Julliard in NYC. So I figured I would try to make my voice even better by taking lessons from her. Within a month of starting classes my range was expanded two whole tones top and bottom, my ennuciation, breathing, and pitch control were all greatly improved to the point that my bandmates were blown away. The moral: Invest in yourself no matter if you think you're a great singer or a lousy singer. Everybody can always get a little bit better at what they do.

As a producer I've heard a lot of voices over the years; some really great ones, and some hideous ones. I've learned to recognize potential and especially uniqueness in a voice. Uniqueness is more important that anything in a vocalist. It's that recognizable quality that some of the greats have, like Dylan and Jagger, even though their vocal chops are not the greatest. My point is...you have that vocal uniqueness AND you have potential. You're a good songwriter and you're becoming a credible audio tecnician. So invest in your best musical attribute...your voice. It'll be worth it. Trust me.