I'd like to add some bottom to my monitor setup. My Behringer B2031A's are great down to their 50-Hz cutoff and do fine with most material played at a low level. But at higher levels there's no true bottom.

A cursory search showed that entry level for powered subs is around $400. I'd like to pay less than half that. Polk has one that lists for $149. It pushes 50 watts but only goes down to 35 Hz. That's enough power, but it provides less than an additional octave below the Behrys' cutoff. Hardly seems worthwhile, but maybe I'm wrong.

A look on craigslist is even worse. People are mainly unloading pro gear with 15 and 18-inch drivers and asking beaucoodles for them. Assuming I could afford them they wouldn't even fit in my space.

Maybe someone here knows something I don't about what's out there. If not, I do have a Behringer BXL-1800 bass amp with a subharmonic processor. Is there some trick I could do with a crossover to use the amp?

Signed,

Cheap GAS

ETA: The Behringer FBQ6200 looks promising. It's a dual 31-band graphic EQ with a sub out. Hmmm . . .

Last edited by Ryszard; 07/25/12 09:26 AM.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."