Quote:

That's also the issue with using the bass amplifier - even with the RCA inputs on it - it should only be fed a 'sub' signal, already crossed over. Gotta go buy a crossover, probably in the 100$ range, to repurpose the Behringer bass amp for something it's not really designed to do. Why not just buy something actually designed for Ryszard's actual purpose

Short answer is, money and floor space. I have two rented rooms in a house. I am extremely fortunate that one of them is the den, which was offered to me by the landlord specifically as a music room. He actually moved his own music gear out to make room for mine. (He has a house next door.)

I realize from all that has been said here and elsewhere that the bass amp is not ideal. I am not in a position to seek sonic elegance, even though I could buy the Polk PSW10 for about $70. I'm pretty sure I would have to build cables for it or buy adapters to make it usable. The Behringer amp is already there and would require only a Y-cord (which I have) to adapt the XLR cable from the crossover to the amp. My workstation has two 4U rack bays and would accommodate a crossover without taking up any more space.

In order to make any of this work seriously I would also need a realtime analyzer and calibrated mic. I just checked out the Behringer DEQ2496, which used to sell for around $200. It now retails for upwards of $350. Not gonna happen just now.

I have the perhaps grandiose goal of leveraging myself into something better by marketing my music. I have limited cash to help me accomplish this. Basically I'm hoarding it for a website, mastering, and possibly physical CDs if it makes sense to offer them. My only other asset is sweat equity. Until I can do better I'd just like to be able to hear the low notes from my electric basses and synths through my modest home studio system.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."