I use the software for hours every day, since my retirement. It's first thing on my mind in the morning and the last thing at night. Perhaps I'm obsessed. I did just manage to clean the kitchen, run the dishwasher, and make the coffee, start the supper meat defrosting, and listen to the news though!

I suggest any new user go a 'hunting'. Find Band In a Box files using google.

I've gotten thousands of jazz classics, and use them all the time.

Another good source of starting material is to acquire a fake book and backing tracks from Notes Norton. I got the 60's Rock and Roll fakebook and have had lots of good times with that. He has the Mantooth series of jazz books, and those are a great start for someone wanting to do jazz.

I'll admit that I don't seem to need Realband for my purposes. My workflow is Band in a Box to Audacity. Audacity is free, and I'm used to it. I can sing my song, record the Band in a Box output and vocal into Audacity and trim the front and back, shine it up a bit, and save it as an mp3. That's it.....

Lots of people where will help you. New users should post their setup, ie computer, operating system, sound devices, and type of music, with an example song they want to work on and ask for some help. We all go our own way, but you'll get lots of 'advice' on how the song evolves. Do all the regular things, determine the number of repeats you want, add a solo, put in lyrics so you get the hang of that, and explore plug ins..(unless you have a 64 bit operating system and you might have to wait.).

John Conley
Musica est vita