Quote:

im sure there are other features that I would love if I knew what and how they work.

I think there are probably MANY people such as myself that dont want to publicly embarrass themselves that arent aware of the capabilities of the program.......and how to use it.......

a Band In a Box For Dummies Book or Tutorial would be great!

Band In a Box for Dummies is basically this forum.

My advice is don't worry about it right now. All the latest upgrades, RT's, Supertracks and whatever the Next Big Thing happens to be will be available in all the subsequent versions and you can get completely caught up later. I agree with you, this is a daunting program, there's tons of features when you start digging beyond the basic "enter the chords and hit play" thing. The beauty of the program is pretty much anybody can do that in the first five minutes but, once you've done that and your musicians ears tell you something is missing, that's when the really deep stuff begins to emerge and that will take time for you to learn. After you've learned that then you will begin to think, gee, can I make it do this? That's when somebody will say oh yeah, that was introduced in the last update and then you can decide if you want to pay for it or not.

This program is a continual work in progress that is heavily influenced by us users. PG really does read suggestions here and will implement a lot of them but then they also come up with brand new things we never thought of.

The thing about computers is the programming. Biab is totally musical in that PG pretty much follows classical music concepts but due to computer and programming protocols things are done that while the end result is very musical, the way you have to accomplish it may not make immediate sense.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.