Conventional harmony the notion of a 'minor' chord:

It's non conventional harmony, but I have always believed that the 'major' 'minor' concepts break down too easily. In my book, if you define a minor as a chord having a minor third, a perfect fifth and a flat seventh, then modally speaking there are three minor chords only in major diatonic harmony. These chords are the dorian, phrygian and aoelian.

OK so its also possible to create other scales and have modes of these, esp melodic 'minor' scales (ascending and descending) and the harmonic 'minor' scales - but htese are really a whole new ball game as altering one note makes a difference to ALL the modes. I believe we should call these 'minor' chords something else other than 'minor' as they function differently than a 'major diatonic' mode minor.

If you sharpen the dominant, commonly done, you can treat this as an exception, but if your consistent with your logic, the consequences - modally (e.g. build 251s), are that all hell breaks loose. Your in a different universe.

Anyway that's my r#nt about conventional harmony. I should interested to know how BIAB treats minor chords in their various context.

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k