Quote:

And in my case I'm pretty sure I would need the $500 package so its not a trivial amount to spend without being sure!

Yeah that is a fair chunk of money. I may not have taken the plunge at that amount. I am sure the $149 is good enough for what I am doing. I am not trying to make music to tell or anything.

I think your solution is planning the 1 month window for returning it. Yes MultiCharts had a trial but it was $610 (even more). I had a very detailed plan for testing it (a well planned out spread sheet list). It took me a full month 7 days a week 16 hours a day to test everything and I just go it all done in time. So that did it and I went ahead. The difference is I had to learn their programming language which I only partially knew from before (much more complex than learning BIAB but on the other hand I had been programming for 30 at that point so it was my territory).

I may plan my learning of BIAB. For example
1/ do all the tutorials
2/ scan all the buttons reading each left to right top to bottom
3/ scanning all menus (although this is not that easy when you go deep so you would need to map it - a lot of work).
4/ specifics I have listed before I got it and as I went along (a list of tests in other words)
5/ reading the manual 1 hour each morning and planning tests for at night (just what I did when I learned Unix shell programming)

Last edited by bowlesj; 09/05/12 11:20 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles