I still have two Atari computers. The one I used and another that a friend of mine gave me when he decided to go Mac. I don't even know if they work. I thought about selling them, but I don't know of anyone who would want them.

I have an old Mac too. I used to have two, but while cleaning out some storage space, I plugged in the old Classic (Motorola CPU) and it displayed nothing by gibberish on the screen. To the recycling center it went. I still have a giant IBM CPU eMac that I haven't turned on in years. Another orphaned dinosaur.

But I no longer have my DOS5/Win3.1 through my Win95 computers. I sold them for not much money, but just enough so that somebody wanted them. I figure it kept them out of the landfill for a while.

But the Atari and eMac went ignored on Craigslist. Windows has always had a good bit of backwards compatibility (like BiaB) so most old software still works on Win7 - I wonder if Win8 will change that? I hope not.

I've read some good and bad about Win8 in the PC magazines. I won't get it right away (the cutting edge is the bleeding edge) and time will tell if it becomes another Vista or not.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks