Quote:

Eddie, Interesting bucket list item. But doesn't it kind of cheapen the whole point of the bucket list item if you are just serving up same old same old for thumb in a hat and beautiful blond with a growl in her voice?

To be absolutely honest, as my bucket gets closer and closer, I will write any kind of piece of crap I have to and sell out at any level I have to if that's what it takes to start a stream of checks with my name on them arriving in my mailbox. And the stream doesn't have to last very long. I'll call 3 monthly checks a stream.

Think about it this way. We have McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Sonic, Rally's, Carl's, Carl's Junior... whatever it is where you live. They all sell essentially the same thing. Burgers and fries. All the same, yet they are always ALL busy. Apparently "same old" is not all that bad in fast food. By the same token, it is apparently not that bad in music too. I am not going to be phony and tell you about how I hold myself to higher standards and all that yada yada. I have a few music friends who go into that litany as they play for 12 people at little places doing it "their" way. And I supposed to play out, I would prefer to do it "my" way too, but I am talking about writing for others and selling songs to them, not performing myself. I don't have any kind of shot to get a song to the true heavyweights, but some up and coming Nashville artist is going to need material for their first CD, so why not one of mine? Or yours? I don't think the Matt Serletic machine is interested in spending time writing for newbie nobody singers that may never make it out of Nashville, but somebody has to, so why not a newbie nobody writer? And those newbie nobody singers need to sing what is popular or keep working at the convenience store.

I guess it all get put in the "Paying dues" folder.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.