<< I am now running with BiaB 2013 and am stunned at the leap forward from my BiaB2008.

Thanks!

<<< Could it be that my PC processor is not longer man enough for the job or RAM (I have 1gb ram - its an old machine)needs boosting?

There are many factors affecting audio performance, but if its a real slow PC, it would be a good place to start.

CPU requirements for BiaB have been the same for the last 3 years or so.

You should run Geekbench to get an overall score of your system speed.

free) http://www.primatelabs.com/geekbench/

minimum would be geekbench= 1,100, although in the 1,100 to 1,500 range things will work slower, and you could get hiccups with certain songs, other programs running etc.

Really fast new machines are around 8,000 speed. My PC is 3,500 and runs real well with BiaB.

If its an old, slow PC, there are things you can do. If you have a song with lots of RealTracks that is causing problems, press the Song Settings button, and select "This song has playback problems, disable fast generation". The song will now take a long time to generate before play is pressed (10-30 seconds), but playback will likely be glitch free. Freezing the arrangement would speed up the generation time.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.