Glad things got working... but I see it is recurring. This sounds like some plugin or synth that you have is causing problems (hanging while BiaB is talking to it).

BTW, that file c:\bb\DXPlugExclude.ini is one that should be kept, but its not important to restore it if things are working. That file is a text list, that you can edit, and includes names of plugins that DON'T work, or just hang when we are trying to get information from them. It's likely some interaction between our program and these particular plugins, we never know why it happens. Many of the plugins on the list are obscure (freeware/shareware), at least I haven't heard of most of them. Normally, if you are having a problem like you were having, the PlugInScan.log would tell you what plugin was the next to be scanned, and if that was the last entry, you would assume that that plugin was hanging, and you would add it to DXPlugExclude.ini list. If you need that dxplugexclude.ini file again, here's a copy of it, as shipped by us. http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/jazzu/misc/dxplugexclude.ini

The error that you had (hanging during scanning plugins) is (fortunately) a rare event. At least I haven't seen messages about it on the forum.

There's another file, called c:\bb\dxplugexclude.ini that lists the plugins that have been found, though if you've never completed a successful scan, you might not have one of those.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.